This is something I need to remember. Absolutely.
One one was a racehorse. Two two was one too. One one won one race. Two two won one too!
You must say that out loud right now. I'm making you.
While at work on Friday, I thought about a ton of stuff. And I hate that! When my mind works the most I never have a notebook and pencil at hand. Dang you, inspirational timing.
One of these thoughts, in between the checking out of countless Favre Sports Illustrated magazines, was how I had a lot of different songs go through my head that day. Dozens. Dozens of dozens of songs went through my head on Friday. My head is honestly a never ending MP3. One day I'm going to start counting... that should be fun.
I also caught myself narrating myself in my head. I was making my internal dialogue into actual first person - write on paper - dialogue. I wonder how often authors do this. It's a bit funny, but a bit annoying as well. Instead of turning to a woman and responding "Uh, I'm not sure." to her question about if we had any pink socks in her son's size, this is how it would be in my head:
I winced at the pale faced woman slightly, "Uh, I'm not sure." I responded, hoping she wouldn't speak again in fear of getting a whiff of that horrible smokers breath.
No lie, it's that detailed in my head. Well, that situation was made up, but that's probably a good thing.
Oh, and I think I checked out Russians...how cool is that?
Yesterday I got a brochure in the mail from a college in Switzerland. It's English based and over 50% of it's student body is from North America. Yet it's in Switzerland. How perfectly amazing does that sound? Ugh, I wish I could go on a campus tour. Heck, why not a continent tour.
Goodnight, world. We shall meet again at dawn.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah, the wonders of homophobes.
Also, the phrase "checking out Russians" could have numerous meanings, dear.
*invisible transition*
I do that, too! The whole 'changing internal monologue into written monologue' thing. I find it rather amusing. It makes your day-to-day happenings sound so much more interesting. Any situation is novel-worthy if you use the right words.
katie.
Post a Comment