Tuesday, July 8, 2008

who is important.

I've grown to love, respect, and look up to Rob Bell a lot. I absolutely love his Nooma series and am certain my faith has grown because of them. Today I found something online that talked about Rob Bell's opinion on the issue of homosexuality. It didn't really get into it, it just said that his opinion shocked this particular person a bit. Then it really had me wonder...well what does Rob Bell have to say about the topic of homosexuality??
So I googled it.
And I came across one of those Yahoo Answers things (those are super helpful...by the way), and it was simply, 'What does Rob Bell have to say about homosexuality?'. So I was getting excited, scrolling down trying to find what this man whom I've admired as a spiritual leader had to say.
Didn't find anything about what Rob Bell said, but what I did find was even more helpful.
One response was, 'Who Cares?' and, 'More importantly, what does God say about it?'

Silly, silly me.
Rob Bell is a person. A person who reads the same Bible as I do. So why would he know more than what God tells us in the Bible on the matter?
Don't ask, "I wonder what pastor has to say about it" say, "I wonder what GOD has to say about it".

Alright, all done.

Now, I'm off to try and convince the parental units to take me to Lifefest on Thursday. There's quite the lineup...


Day 13 post-op: Bands OFF! :) But i still have the huge splint thing in my mouth. Oh well, having a lisp is fun.

No comments: