Anyway, so I walk into my English class (which is for some reason in a computer lab) with my curiousity highly piqued. There was no assigned text book, when every other Eng Comp class had SOME assigned textbook -- whether it be a piece of fiction or an actual textbook.
Anyway, my teacher walks in wearing a tshirt and dreadlocks. This is when I knew this would not be an average English class. I got out my notebook, not to take notes on the class, but to take notes on the rediculous things this man was going to say. During the next 24 minutes (yes, he let us out over an hr and 15 minutes early) He compared out class to writing masturbation, he told us he works in a porn store, he paused in the middle of going through the syllabus to tell us to 'basically don't be a dick', and he told us if we can't find him in his office he's probably outside smoking. He asked the class how many of us were actually taking this class for our major (English). I was the only one who raised my hand. He asked what I was majoring in, and I told him I was double majoring, but one was English - Creative Writing. I think I instantly got on his good side, because that's what he graduated with. I'm excited. I bet he's a brilliant writer. I cannot wait for him to critique my writing.
I went to the Crusaders for Christ weekly meeting last night. I don't know. There were lots of people, and it was pretty fun... it's just not what I'm used to. We'll see.
I don't have a class until 1 today. This is ridiculous. I don't know what to do with myself. Bah.
Lovealways;;

No comments:
Post a Comment