Wow. My first ever real blog. Not one of those fake blogs I posted occasionally on myspace...nah I don't consider those blogs. Even though I've never really thought about it, blogs are there for that reason. To Blog. Not a profile. I've been such a lurker for so long...I need this to be my own.
I'm not sure who will even read this. Maybe no one. But actually, that doesn't matter, because this is mainly here for me to get my thoughts out of my head, possibly for future reference.
Why now? Well that brings me to my first ever blog topic. Which, although superficial as some might say, is a boy. I was just trying to recall things about him, when I realized that I'm quickly going to forget things about him.
At work today, a boy came through the line that looked about my age. He was with his younger sister. He intrigued me at first glace, not because he was hot, or anything like that. He was so youthful looking, yet had such a mature, father-figure vibe to him. He wasn't shabby in any way with a clean hair cut. And even something as stereotypical as a sweatshirt looked looked so maturely set.
Anyway, he and his younger sister had a cart full of items. Items that a teenager and his younger sister wouldn't normally be buying alone. This is where my crappy memory comes in...
There were some Christmas tree decorations, and other odds and ends, but the biggest thing that they bought struck me in a odd way. They had a whole set of dinnerware. An entire boxed set. What mother sends out her children the store to make purchases that total over 100 dollars?
I just can't explain to you the way this guy made me feel. I regret times a million not actually talking to him about more than the fact that he can have two separate transactions and insisting to him with a smile that he wasn't taking to long finding his money.
For some reason I felt so incredibly sorry for him. I was afraid the father figure mannerisms of his were due to that fact that they were forced upon him. And that scares me.
Wow...long first blog. I was going to talk about something else as well, but we'll save that for tomorrow.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment