Monday, December 10, 2007

comfort me comfort me always

hello there.
Alright first off, a thoughtful story.
I went birthday shopping on Saturday and there was this group of middle aged people performing who called themselves the "Silent Singers". They played Christmas song recordings in the background while they signed them all cool and "fun" like. My mom was like, "Why do they even need music, if they're doing this for the deaf?" I agreed that that was a good wonderment, but then thought to myself...what if you couldn't hear music?
I mean usually when I occasionally think of the deaf or mute I always consider not being able to hear other people talk as being the biggest inconvenience. But really, not ever ever being able to hear music? That would be like 54186 times worse than not being able to hear someone talk. Music helps me in so many ways in my life, without even realizing it.
Think about it.

Anyway, moving on with this lovely blog...
There's this song ls sang at choral fest call "Grant to Me, O God, a Pure Heart" and I cannot find any mention of it being a song ANYWHERE online. It's bothering me so much, due to the fact that I'm dying to listen to it. Gosh.

I started reading through my first 30 pages of my novel. This is where I either get really excited, and get a big burst of creativity and urge to go on, or cringe beyond belief and burn every word I have even written in embarrassment.
I really hope it's not the later.

Well, that's all for now I suppose. I shall leave you with a song that I suggest you listen to.
Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy.

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is wonderment really a word?

Not trying to be snippy or anything-- I really don't know.