Here I sit. Really, really wanting to write a blog, but having no clue what to write about.
Then it hit me. WOOSHBOOM. That's the noise it made.
I finally did my presidential candidate homework.
No, I'm not old enough to vote.
But I am planning on working at the polls. Woot.
But something was just said in a discussion that I'm having on MSN that completely and utterely offened me. I can't think of a time where I felt more offended, seriously. It pisses me off.
I was (am) talking to a boy who has always been a democrat, and the one boy in grade school who always wanted the "other" candidate to win.
I asked him who he was for in '08, since I was sure he had a strong opinion.
He said Clinton.
I expressed my confusion and disgust, but respected his opinion.
He then asked who I was for, and soon follow with "Huckabee?"
That is indeed who I am for, but for good, researched reasons.
I told him yes, and asked how I was so readable.
His responce made me what to punch him.
"eh, go figure... It's no suprise that you're going to like the Evangelical Christian BigShot"
DUDE. SHUT YOUR FACE.
Him being a Christian influences his view on the issues. I agree with him on the issues, and he also happens to be a Christian. And even so, so what if I liked him because he's a Christian? All of a sudden that's a bad thing?
His defence of Hilary Clinton disgusts me.
But it doesn't stop there. He contines to bash Republicans, as a whole in the cruelest ways. He's about as open-minded as a pinhole.
I usually love discussing politics, even if the person disagrees with me, but the way he's aproachign it is just makign me horrified. It's like he's trying to look as far away from Christian matters and values that the candidates have as possible. It's like a christian perspective on an issue is a turn off for him. I went to grade school for 9 years with this boy. Why does he feel the need to be against what Christians believe in politics? Being different isn't always a good thing.
And yet, I know he loves his Savior.
Anyway, hope all is well.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When things hit me they go CLANGBAM.
No lie.
Post a Comment